Tuesday 11 October 2011

Video: Marcel Dettmann b2b Ben Klock @ Blueprint Records, Cable (8th Oct 11)


Saturday night was the third and final Blueprint Records party of year and it was an absolute belter. I witnessed the full four hours of Marcel Dettmann's back to back set with Ben Klock and i can tell you the first two hours were incredible, the third hour was totally unreal and the last hour was pretty much out of this world. They toyed with our emotions, dropping it deep before launching back even harder.

I've seen both Marcel and Ben play separately over the last few months and, although, all those times, the nights have been quality, something about Saturday was better than almost anything I've heard before. I left feeling thoroughly discombobulated after having my mind systematically taken to pieces by the Berghain residents. I managed to get a video of the two hard at work, but this fails to do the party justice. In hindsight I should of got some of the crowd, but thinking wasn't really an option at the time, with the barrage of beats coming from the Cable soundsystem (which sounded better than I've ever heard it before).

Special mention of course goes to James Ruskin. His first set of the evening set the place up perfectly for what was about to happen, then when Marcel and Ben had finished, James stepped up for another 3 hours to keep the party going right through till 9am.

All in all it was an incredible night and the best Blueprint Records party yet, bring on 2012. I can't wait to see how they're going to top this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment